Stay current on the latest in condo living and condo management. Get your free subscription to Toronto Condo News!
- Horses to Condos – History of Urban Planning – Residential and retail locating on the same plot of land in areas that can accommodate higher densities, thus providing access to transit, retail and entertainment, was not always viewed as desirable.
- Porch Pirates – One Tradition Condo Dwellers don’t Miss – Communities require secure package deliveries without involving concierge/security.
- Energy Savings – At what cost?
- Land of No … and Path to Yes
- Condo Fees Double to Avoid Special Assessment
- Rethinking Safety Inspection Audio Notices
- Holiday Celebrations
- Limits of Condo Board Authority
- Investing Reserve Fund Monies
- Conflicts of Interest are Legal
- Reserve Fund Secrets
- Hoarding – Disability, Nuisance and Community Concern
- Pesticides Ineffective in Condos
- Pet Accommodation starts with Responsible Pet Owners
- Be a Good Condo Neighbour – Part 2
- Lawsuits, Insurance and Disclosures
- Owning your E-Mail Address
- Concierge Services not a Luxury
- Diversity on the Condo Board
- What’s That Smell? – Keep Marijuana from Smelling Up your Home
- False Fire Alarms – Why fire alarms go off in the absence of an emergency, costs when this occurs and how to mitigate them.
- Future of Transportation – Integrated Mobility – How cities are adapting to the diversity and integration of urban transportation choices.
- Condo Act vs. Residential Tenancies Act – Renting or leasing a condo suite done improperly can be an expensive lesson for the owner and problem for the community.
- Role of Condo Management – To an outsider the condominium manager’s job appears easy. The job is much harder when one considers day-to-day details and interactions too numerous to mention.
- Disruptive Technologies – Communities are behind in adopting popular and proven technologies. Condo residents suffer the consequences.
- Who will YOU Vote for – Elected governments have failed to live within their means. We need politicians – and condo directors – unwilling to pretend we can have it all.
- Games Directors Play
- Federal – and Condo – Election Voting Strategy
- Condominium Authority of Ontario Year Two Report Card – Our annual review of the Condominium Authority of Ontario’s efforts
- The Cost to Manage a Condo Corporation – Revenue and Expense Statement for a 35 year old community in strong financial position despite major upcoming expenditures
- Abolishing Condo Boards
- Artificial Intelligence for Condominium Managers
- Automated Vehicles are Coming – Automated vehicles appear to be just around the corner. This could change the nature of automobiles, and condo communities, in ways few have considered.
- The Truth is Out There – Condo corporations are intended to be immune from belief over fact and logic. Many have fallen into the trap of failing to believe facts available to them. Consequences can be dire.
- Classic Condo Living Mistakes
- Electric Vehicle Charging not Condo Ready
- Condos, Co-ops and Co-ownership – Those who choose to purchase a home and desire “condo living” have three options each of which provide unique advantages
- Rethinking Transportation for a Vertical City – Cities have developed innovations that can revolutionize public transit in Toronto and the GTA
- Renting on Airbnb – Follow the rules
- Fob Counterfeiting
- Condo Corporations in the Era of Social Media – Understand and navigate social media to communicate without conflict
- Flying the Canadian Flag – Fly the Canadian flag on Canada Day within the limits of condo rules
- CAO omg – Costing out the Condominium Authority of Ontario
- Airbnb Friendly Buildings Program – Update
- Condo Economics – Living in a shared community can place a cost on certain personal choices
- BBQing on Condo Balconies – By-laws, regulations and rules governing BBQ use in condos and high-rise buildings
- Interviewing Prospective Board Candidates – What questions to ask them
- Emergency Preparations in a Vertical City
- Welcome to Condo Living – The experience of a condo owner and reluctant director
- How the Condo Authority Tribunal Should Work – Results thus far have been disappointing
- Toronto Initiates High-Rise Preventative Maintenance Blitz
- Renting Provides Financial Freedom
- Which is Better – Condo or Single Family Home – Primary considerations for determining if condo living is for you
- Discrimination in Condo Communities – What constitutes discrimination is unclear and goes beyond what is prohibited by law
- Water is the New Fire – Flooding problems exceed those relating to fire
- Reserve Fund Studies should be a Team Effort – A condo board, condominium manager and reserve fund study provider all have pertinent information that should be incorporated in the reserve fund study
- Cannabis Survey of Condo Residents – Condo residents have clear opinions on how their boards should deal with cannabis (marijuana) in their homes
- The Condo Act and Car Charging Stations – New regulations for installation of electric vehicle charging stations in condo buildings affect condo corporations and residents
- Turning around Bad Condo Boards – Two condo corporations with different outcomes
- Powers of a Condo Board – Condo boards have broad authority per the Condo Act and the corporation’s governing documents
- Predictions for 2019 – Toronto Condo News identifies the four main concerns likely to be at the top of condo community agendas for 2019
- Condo Communities Unprepared For Cannabis Legislation – The impact of cannabis legalization on condo communities
- Fees for Fire Services – The cost of each false fire alarm
- Auditor’s Role in Condo Corporations – The condo auditor’s responsibilities do not include detecting fraud