One of the benefits of hiring an outside service to handle clearing of snow and deicing is liability.
Should someone slip and fall, some believe that use of an outside service protects against liability.
While snow clearing and deicing services may carry liability insurance, contracts may limit their liability. They may do this so that they can obtain insurance or to reduce the cost of their insurance.
- Review snow clearing contracts to understand liability limits
- Request copies of insurance certificates to ensure coverage is consistent with the contract
For more information on winter maintenance and snow removal, see the Condo Archives– Condo Building Management, subheading Maintenance
For assistance identifying vendors providing snow clearing services, Condo Resource Guide can help. Look under Snow Removal.
Find Vendors in these Related Categories
- Cleaning & Janitorial Services
- Cleaning Services - Ducts
- Cleaning Services - Windows
- Contractors - Electrical
- Contractors - General
- Contractors - Mechanical
- Door & Lock Services
- Maintenance Services - General
- Odour Control
- Parking Management/Cleaning Services
- Paving, Concrete and Epoxy Coatings
- Pest Control
- Plumbing Services
- Restoration Services
- Snow Removal Services
- Superintendent Services
- Waste Services
- Water Proofing & Systems
- Window Replacement/Repair