Paying Rent to Absentee Condo Owners

September 2014

If you pay rent to a “non-resident” of Canada, you may be required to withhold income tax from your rental payment and remit directly to Canada Revenue Agency.

If you do not do so when required, Canada Revenue Agency can commence legal collections against you.