Condo living can mean going for a swim, using the gym, enjoying a spa treatment, seeing a movie or entertaining the kids in a playroom without leaving home. With online entertainment services, food delivery and working from home there is rarely a need to leave the building unless you want to.
It is not enough that a condo community offer amenities. They must be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition to remain popular, appealing and utilized. This helps retain the value of your home and protects residents.
More than sweeping and changing light bulbs is needed for the most popular of amenities. All spaces should look clean, be clean and germ-free, and safe.
Pools, Whirlpools and Hot Tubs
Warm water attracts insects that can lay eggs in the water. Germs that get into a swimming pool from the environment or other swimmers can take days to be eliminated and make others sick. Maintaining a proper chemical balance prevents this from occurring.
- Daily water testing.
- Daily chemical treatments.
- Regular facility inspections.
Steam Rooms and Saunas
Heat can be dangerous. Some people can handle very high temperatures which can cause dizziness, or heart or blood pressure problems in others.
- Regular cleaning and inspection for mould or damage.
- Alarms functioning and fully operational.
- Accurate temperature gauges.
Fitness Rooms and Gyms
Fitness rooms are among the most popular of condo amenities. They are typically unstaffed and without attendants.
- Clean multiple times daily during off-peak hours – after 8 am, before 3 pm and/or after 8 pm.
- Provide spray disinfectant and towels, or sanitary wipes, for residents to use for cleaning their workout space before or after use.
- Clean and disinfect floors daily. Best to use hot water rather than chemicals that some may be allergic to.
Play Areas for Children
Children’s play areas spread illness and infection if not properly maintained.
- Wipe down toys after each use and at the end of each day with a disinfecting and sanitizing solution.
- Provide sanitizing wipes for use by parents.
- Change tables should be placed at the far end of a room.
- Ask parents to clean up by wiping down toys and areas used by their children.
- Do not allow sick children to use play areas.
- Clean and disinfect floors daily. Avoid the risk of allergic reactions by using hot water rather than chemicals.
Movie Screening Rooms
Installing anti-bacterial and anti-fungal products on floors, walls and seat covers can make it easier to maintain a clean, hygienic environment.
- Discourage full meals and parties while allowing light snacking.
- Clean floors daily.
- Periodically have an exterminator check the room for pests and vermin.
- Install automated air fresheners using scented essential oils to improve freshness. Drizzle into air conditioning and ventilation ducts to create a pleasant scent.