Senior services have played a crucial role during COVID.
Circle of Care is one of the community’s leading providers of home health care and community support services. Part of Sinai Health, they are a not-for-profit home care provider in the Greater Toronto Area supporting more than 16,000 clients and their families each year. Their goal is to help seniors preserve independence and live comfortably at home.
Among services provided by Circle of Care:
- Meals on Wheels – One of the largest meals on wheels programs in Canada. They deliver more than 200,000 delicious and nutritionally balanced Kosher and Kosher-style meals with the assistance of over 200 volunteers.
- iRIDE Transportation – This government-subsidized transportation service helps older adults and people with mobility issues get around safely and affordably.
- Personal Support – Qualified nurses work with Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to provide compassionate care to assist with:
- Personal care which may include grooming, bathing, dressing and toileting
- Homemaking inclusive of meal preparation, light cleaning and shopping
- Relief and respite for caregivers
- Phone Pals – A regular phone call for seniors 55+ who are isolated and lonely. This includes those who live alone, have little to no family support, or with physical impairments.
- Friendly Visits – For seniors 55+ who are vulnerable, lonely and isolated. This includes those who live alone, have little to no family support, or with physical impairments.
- Social groups
- Exercise and fall prevention classes (virtual during COVID)
- Hospice (End of Life) Care and Services
- Elder Abuse Prevention and Intervention
Services have remained available during COVID with revised precautions and procedures.
To learn more about Circle of Care or to inquire about volunteer opportunities call (416) 635-2860, e-mail email@example.com or visit their website at www.circleofcare.com.