Summer is the time to prepare for winter snow and ice clearing services. Come September most contracts have been signed and preparations have commenced for the winter period.
- Seal coat and crack fill outdoor roadways and parking areas before winter. This will help prevent moisture from getting underneath the parking area surface and creating more serious damage.
- Seal concrete walkways or flat areas to avoid damage from salt or sodium-chloride based products.
Have a Snow Removal Plan
- Identify areas where snow plowing is required.
- Identify a predetermined location to push the snow or arrange to move it off-site.
- Identify paved surfaces that will require de-icing.
- Be clear on when snow plowing and de-icing is to be done. Some require these services to commence when snow begins to fall. Others may require services after a specified amount of snow has fallen.
HINT: Where snow or ice on a roof is a concern, contact roofing companies for servicing this space.
- Identify what areas are to be cleared of snow and when.
- Identify what areas are to be de-iced and when.
- Identify a prearranged price for contracted services.
- Specify additional services desired and pricing.
- Request use of non-metal shovels where there is a concern about damage.
Developing a good relationship with whoever provides winter snow and ice management services is important to having a problem-free winter season.
Find Vendors in these Related Categories
- Cleaning & Janitorial Services
- Cleaning Services - Ducts
- Cleaning Services - Windows
- Contractors - Electrical
- Contractors - General
- Contractors - Mechanical
- Door & Lock Services
- Maintenance Services - General
- Odour Control
- Parking Management/Cleaning Services
- Paving, Concrete and Epoxy Coatings
- Pest Control
- Plumbing Services
- Restoration Services
- Snow Removal Services
- Superintendent Services
- Waste Services
- Water Proofing & Systems
- Window Replacement/Repair